The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_jk problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boughtonp, May 1, 2009.

1. boughtonp

boughtonp Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello.

I have a cPanel server with Tomcat 5.5.25 running

I am attempting to setup mod_jk so that Apache will send certain requests to Tomcat, however I can't seem to get it to work correctly, and I can't even get it to provide any useful error messages in the logs!

I want to set it up to work for all cPanel accounts - preferably without having to configure it manually each time I create a new one, but if manual setup is simpler to start with, I'm ok with doing that.

Attempting to accept a URL that should be picked up by mod_jk/Tomcat is taking ages to load before returning either a "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" or a "Bad request"/"HTTP Error 503: Gateway Timeout".

Regular Apache URLs are working fine, and mod_jk is working if I access the server using its main IP (however this then goes to the tomcat webapps/ROOT directory, rather than picking up the hosts in server.xml

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get mod_jk working, or at least get clues as to why it's not working and where exactly the 503/504 errors are coming from?

Thanks,

Peter