Mod_LSAPI 500 errors on some account

PeterN123

Aug 4, 2021
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
hello everyone,

I testing LSAPI handler vs PHP-FPM, just odd that some accounts return HTTP 500 errors, and some websites are loading 100% fine.

Any pointer to where I misconfig?

thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

PeterN123

Aug 4, 2021
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello everyone,

I found the issue, for some funny reason, LSAPI can't run WP sites with wp-config with 600 permission. I change to 655 and it works perfectly.

Anyone know why? I tested it on another server and everything went smoothly even with 600 permission wp-config file.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I accessed a live server with Litespeed and I wasn't able to reproduce this problem on my end. I did make sure to clear the lscache directory for the user I tested with, but with wp-config.php set to 600 everything still loaded just fine.

If you're able to reproduce this issue on your machine you may want to submit a ticket to our team so we can check that out in real-time on your system. If you do submit a ticket, please post the number here so I can follow along and keep this thread updated.

Reactions: PeterN123

PeterN123

Aug 4, 2021
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello CPRex,

I reached out to cPanel support team and manage to find the issue.

We were able to replicate the issue you are experiencing by disabling PHP-FPM for the provided subdomain. I believe this may relate to PHP scripts being executed as the nobody Apache user instead of the cPanel user. Would it be ok if we installed the Apache module "mod_suexec" to see if this resolves the issue?

I installed the module and it works instantly.

Thanks everyone for tuning into this thread.