Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

mod_mono and mySQL

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by ttremain, Jul 16, 2005.

1. ttremain

ttremain Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have mod_mono running on a couple of our servers, and have a couple clients banging away at it.

One client is trying to get a mySQL connecter to work. Is this a module that needs to be installed? if so, how?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am not familier with mod_mono but since windows uses ODBC drivers I would suggest looking at unixODBC and MyODBC to enable odbc driver functionality to the server

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cynux

cynux Well-Known Member

mysql wont work, even with unixODBC

mod mono is installed but the version installed have a bug:

System.NotSupportedException: Encoding name `latin1' not supported
    in [0x000fe] (at /cvs/1-mono/mcs/class/corlib/System.Text/Encoding.cs:446) System.Text.Encoding:GetEncoding (string)
    in <0x00020> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver:.ctor (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionString)
    in <0x00016> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver:.ctor (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionString)
    in <0x00026> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver:Create (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionString)
    in <0x000c6> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool:CreateNewPooledConnection ()
    in <0x0022f> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool:GetPooledConnection ()
    in <0x0004e> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool:GetConnection ()
    in <0x00124> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPoolManager:GetConnection (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionString)
    in <0x00071> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection:Open ()

This is what they get when they try to access mysql, I checked mod mono bugs log.
    It have been fixed in the later version but the version which Cpanel is providing, its too old.

They are providing version 1.0.2-1.0.2-0.8.1
    Latest stable version is 1.1.8.3

I emailed cpanel a day or two ago. may be they will upgrade the available version.
    Well! untill then we are on our own... I'm installing a version of mod mono right now.... manually.

I also found about 5-6 other bugs in the installation, reasons for "500: serverice unavailable errors".

oh well, its not a stable version yet! so thats what you can expect.

#3 cynux, Aug 6, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  4. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

Best thing is to post a bug amd submit it, and see where it gets you

5. cynux

cynux Well-Known Member

I have already submited a bug, Bug 2976

6. cynux

cynux Well-Known Member

But I still dont understand why is Cpanel using a mono build which was released way back in 2004?