The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod_Mono - How to make it work with .asp extensions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fizz, Dec 14, 2009.

1. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

I have a customer who is only using ASP for a couple contact forms, but at this point his whole site is done with .asp (no actual code in 90% of the files grrrr). I tried adding a "AddType application/x-asp-net .asp" to the mod_mono config file, but this will make it prompt to download the file. Firefox see's it as a text/asp, but so far have had no luck getting it to work properly. If i rename one of his files to .aspx, it works.

What am i missing here?

2. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

I also understand Mono will not work with most classic asp, I just want it to display the site so they dont have to rewrite a ton of code, and i can make the couple contact forms work..

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Are the asp files being uploaded from Windows? If so, make sure they are uploaded in ascii, not binary. We recently enabled asp on a server for a customer who was desperate to use basic asp functions and they had trouble getting their pages to work, until I realized they had uploaded in binary. Most ftp programs don't have .asp in their ascii list yet.

4. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

They were uploaded properly. If i renamed the file to .aspx, everything worked.