mod_mono: how to turn on for a domain?

nat

Jan 16, 2003
WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.17.0-S19434
REDHAT Enterprise 4 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

I installed mod_mono using easyapache to run ASP.NET pages.

I read somewhere in the forum to turn it on for an individual domain using /scripts/addasp. Then I read that that script is no longer used.

I read somewhere else that it needs to be turned on for the domain in Cpanel but I don't see anyway to do so in theme X3.

A test aspx scrpit returns the error...

Server Error in '/' Application
System.Web.HttpException: Directory not found

The test script is...

Code:
<%@ Page Language="C#" %>  
<script runat="server">  

void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)   
{  
  titleTag.InnerText = "You clicked the button!";  
}  

void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)   
{  
  if (!IsPostBack)  
    titleTag.InnerText = "Page has loaded";  
}  

</script>  
<html>  
<head>  
<title runat="server" id="titleTag"/>  
</head>  
<body>  
<form runat="server">  
  <asp:Button id="Button1" OnClick="Button1_Click" runat="server" Text="Button"/
>  
</form>  
</body>  
</html>

I copied the directory /opt/mono/lib/xsp/test to my domain and ran index.aspx and receive the same error.

How do I turn on mod_mono for a domain?

Last edited:

Calibur747

Jun 3, 2006
To me that is just a bug :( I have been fiddling around with mod_mono for a client today and it has been a hell of a job.

I upgraded cpanel to the latest stable build last night, then rebuilt apache up to the latest standards of everything, and added mod_mono.

I have come to realize that by default, mod_mono_server1 is installed instead of server2 which has visualbasic support and added functionality.

What I did was right under Include "/usr/local/apache/conf/mod_mono.conf" I added
MonoServerPath /opt/mono/bin/mod-mono-server2

If you have root access to your box, log in and run ps aux - near the apache processes you will see mod-mono-server2 running so you know that it is alive.

Aside from getting it running however, there isn't much more you can do I don't think. It is beta/quirky and support is non-existent. My client who wants to do aspx files will just have to hope he codes in a way that mono can understand.