The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_mono

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xenon101, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Xenon101

Xenon101 Well-Known Member

So i installed mod_mono using the addon modules option in WHM. It's installed but apache isn't parsing .aspx files do i need to do a rebuild and select mod_mono somewhere? Do i have to add something to httpd.conf?

Anyone else got it installed and working?

Cheers,
    Iain

2. xeonex

xeonex Well-Known Member

i have the same issue since a month ago and i had been looking for a solution over the internet with no succes.
    i think that if you want .asp to work well the best thing is get a win based box.
    (personally hate win)
    if some one have a solution on how to make this work please share it with us.

3. Xenon101

Xenon101 Well-Known Member

Well having looked around it would seem that it can only be configured on a site by site basis. cPanel includes a script that will setup a domain however i forgot what its called. Do a search on the forums and you should find it. I never managed to test it but supposedly it works.

I've also heard that it will support VB ASP.net 1.1, C# ASP.net 1.1 however doesn't support "in page" VB coding or something? Maybe an asp.net coder would understand that :p

Our company has a win2k3 server over in the usa, would have liked to have asp.net on my linux box to give the uk clients a little more choice though.