The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod_Mono

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Krownet, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Krownet

Krownet Active Member

Hello,

On my development server, I'm wanting to mess around with ASP without going to the trouble of getting a Windows server setup for the 3 months which I need it. So I decided to checkout Mod_Mono.

I searched quite a bit on the forums, and spent a few hours searching google for some answers, but have come up dry. I ran the Mod_mono through cpanel Plugins. The version it installs is from 2004 (version 1.0.2) . That's a looong time ago. And the version it installs has a precarious bug, which causes it to display 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable (I found this bug report .. which has been fixed).

So, I decided to try to install it on my own. The latest version doesn't work (some APR file is missing, I can only assume that is because it's meant to run with Apache 2... not sure though). So I tried installing an earlier version, same problem.

I'm getting kind of anxious here, wanting to play with Mod_Mono. Why has this module been in "Beta" and not updated for 3 years? I know it's not very important (not a lot of users use it), but 3 years is kinda of ridiculous.

Now for the question (I do have one) has anyone successfully gotten Mod_Mono to work? If so, how did you do it? I've tried everything I can think of, and everything that I can see the web has suggested. Help...

Thanks.

#1 Krownet, Jul 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  2. SCARECR0W

SCARECR0W Registered

Yes, Please...

Someone tell me that this is possible to install and run. I have one super simple, little asp app (online football pool that uses Access db) and I currently am paying for a separate windows box that I would love to get rid of if I can get this installed and running on my new dedicated box.

I too have search for success stories, tips, anything - and found nada... not a good sign.

Is there any other method for running basic asp scripts on a linux box? I don't really even need .net stuff, classic asp will work for my needs.

Thanks!

3. Krownet

Krownet Active Member

From the errors that I've seen, I can only conclude that I need Apache 2.x to get this running (least with the latest version of Mod_Mono). I'm not sure if this is right, but I'm waiting for the 2nd release of cPanel 11 Current (which has been pushed back multiple times now) so I can see if that works.

Hopefully someone knows how to get it running before then.

Cheers,