The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_mono

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tribal, Mar 12, 2008.

1. tribal

tribal Member

My server is fully uptodate. I recently added mod_mono, only change I have made is to enable 2.0. Not everything works - not to worry for now, it's a beta.

I notice that the mod_mono version supplied by cpanel is 0.98a whereas the mono site offers version 1.2.6.

Can anyone tell me how to update to 1.2.6 without breaking cpanel, or having cpanel undo the mod_mono install with updates?

Thanks

Kevin Thompson

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    mod_mono should be installed via easyapache. The one provided in the PLugins is severely outdated and no longer supported. The version installed via easyapache is maintained and kept up-to-date. It still servers ASP.NET v1, since that is the default for mod_mono, however we are investigating methods to allow the system admin to default to ASP.NET v2

3. tribal

tribal Member

Thank you, I found the easy apache option. Much better!

4. kelly1008

kelly1008 Member

mod-mono-server2

Is it safe to enable this? I'm assuming that I can just call this from the default location (/opt/mono/lib/mono/gac/mod-mono-server2) in place of 1.2 ..

Would really appreciate some detailed assistance on this, my asp script uses 2.0

5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It requires using the MonoServerPath directive to instruct mono to start a specific binary.

If you want the support server-wide, simply add this to an Include in the global section of your httpd.conf:

Code:
    MonoServerPath /opt/mono/bin/mod-mono-server2

and restart Apache. .NET 2.0 support is now enabled server-wide. If you need more fine grained control, please read the documentation at http://www.mono-project.com/Mod_mono on running multiple mono processes.