The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_perl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by techcode, Apr 12, 2004.

1. techcode

techcode Registered

I'm a freelancer that is hired to make an website menagment system in PERL.

Basicly it's an password protection. But in that way that the owner of the site can put anything behind it.

So i wrote the Apache handler that will take over the auth stage from the Apache.

It's obviosly needed that the script will be runned via mod_perl (compled and stored in the ram) upon server boot.

To do that i need to add few lines to the Apache config files.

But i cant find that option (to edit/view) Apache config files anywhere in cpanel. I belive it's cpanel 6. It's says just 6 havent seen some other version sign.

Or some way to edit wich scripts are runned/compiled at the startup by mod_perl ... help aprichiated.

2. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

You will have to manually edit the apache files located at /etc/httpd/conf and then restart apache.

You'll need root access.

BTW - Don't forget to backup your old config files first;)

3. techcode

techcode Registered

I guess that shell access will do it ....

Havent realy done much work with *nix OS's. Closest thing to that was AmigaDos :) Lol

I guess i'll figure out the way ....

BTW .... any tutorial/guide on how to connect trought telnet(Secured Shell H < what's H :)) and actualy do something :) Like copy & edit files and restart apache :) ?

I'll ask same question to the support of the ISP. Maybe they'll do the work for me ;) But i'd like to learn it anyway ...