The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_php4 and php5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dreaz, Apr 1, 2006.

1. dreaz

dreaz Registered

I installed PHP5 from the command line on my cPanel server, and its located at /usr/local/bin/php.
    So, php4 is at /usr/bin/php and php5 at /usr/local/bin/php. Now, apache (mod_php4) still shows its running on php4, but its using the /usr/local/lib/php.ini path, which is the same of the php5 I just installed.

So I went ahead and removed the symlink from php.ini on /usr/lib, and created a real php.ini there. /usr/bin/php will show that now it's using /usr/lib/php.ini instead of /usr/local/lib/php.ini, and yet the php running on apache will still be using the one in /usr/local/lib/php.ini.

So, where the hell is the apache php binary? Why is it using the php.ini from /usr/local/lib/php.ini and not /usr/lib/php.ini. I could not find any info on mod_php4 at all.

I'm asking that because I will not use apache anymore, I'll use lighttpd (php as fast-cgi) and I don't want any trouble with the php4 installed on the server, the one that apache (and cpanel, does it use php at all?) uses.

Thanks in advance

2. dreaz

dreaz Registered

I recompiled PHP from WHM and apparently it's overwriting the /usr/bin/php too.

Does cPanel require php at all? If not, how can I uninstall both those PHP and re-install it all again in only one place?