The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod_rewrite Anomaly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tomp_gl, Apr 13, 2008.

1. tomp_gl

tomp_gl Registered

I have encountered the same mod_rewrite issue in both Apache 1.3 and Apache 2.2 whereby a simple regex pattern can match ANY webroot directory name except the webroot directory named "scripts" (/home/user/public_html/scripts). Initially i thought there might simply be a conflicting Alias/ScriptAlias/ScriptAliasMatch directive in httpd.conf somewhere, but i haven't found any. I've looked at the apache log at loglevel debug and it gives me very little information other than that it thinks the directory doesn't exist (which of course it does).

Now i presume the issue still relates to some conflicting alias hidden somewhere deep in the bowels of the webserver that i haven't found - has anybody got any ideas where i might be able to look? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the regexp pattern, as it works flawlessly for every directory except "scripts". (it works with "script", "scripting" or any other possible variation of "scripts" just not "scripts"!)

Thanks

#1 tomp_gl, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008