Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mod_rewrite no so good

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amorosso, Dec 4, 2010.

1. amorosso

amorosso Active Member

Hi everyone. I been working hard on this for MONTHS now. For some reason or another mod_rewrite is just not working right. If I ssh / root to see if mod_rewrite is working it say yes. Is it possible on a user level it's not. I mean like for a site.

I been banging my head on this. I even opened up two support tickets before to just get told that it's working. I mean support are great people, don't get me wrong.

I tried playing with the .httaccess file with no luck at all. But now I really need this to work. With some scripts even if it states I have a issue with mod_rewrite it still works. I just don't get it. But now with a much better cms I'm trying to use it just wont work right.

I tried a mod_rewrite test with a few files in a user account with no luck.

Would anyone have a idea.

2. syslint

syslint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can do some test as follows,

1) make a sample rule let usa say /someurl redirect to someurl.php
    2) install wordpress and test the rewrite

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...