Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

mod_ruid2 error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eduart Milushi, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Eduart Milushi

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there, since i'm new to cpanel and dedicated server i will need some help. I have worked with shared or managed hosting and now i'm running a dedicated server after some days searching i have configured cpanel and apache and php with mud_ruid and then i have installed xCache. But i'm getting an error frequently which is:

[:error] [pid 9153] mod_ruid2 domain.com GET /themes/elegant/images/mobile_logo.png HTTP/1.1 chdir to /home/dirname/dirname failed

Need help ASAP thnx

2. Eduart Milushi

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Aswell im having these error for mod_security

Code:
    [Tue Jul 22 06:56:52.274390 2014] [:error] [pid 11157] [client ***.***.***.*] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Match of "rx ^apache.*perl" against "REQUEST_HEADERS:User-Agent" required. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "59"] [id "1234123429"] [msg "Request Indicates an automated program explored the site"] [severity "NOTICE"] [hostname "domain.com"] [uri "/gag/e21Ptfg"] [unique_id "U85DdLhrkvIAACuVRQ8AAAAC"]

[Tue Jul 22 06:21:40.884009 2014] [:error] [pid 1511] [client ***.***.***.*] ModSecurity: Audit log: Failed to create subdirectories: /usr/local/apache/logs/modsec_audit/shomtek/20140722/20140722-0621 (Read-only file system) [hostname "domain.com"] [uri "/gag/JUNoSmr"] [unique_id "U847NLhrkvIAAAXnDYkAAAAa"]
    - - - Updated - - -

Please if someone have any suggestions i will really appreciate it cuz i'm having a lot of problems when having more than 1000 user online :( the server take about 30 sec or more to load but the ram and other physic parameters are good

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you let us know the permission/ownership values on the directory that's referenced in the error message from your initial post? Also, your second post indicates a Read-only file system. Can you create new files on each partition? EX:

Code:
    touch /usr/testfile123
    Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Eduart Milushi

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there, Thnx for the replay.

The permission for the folder are as below

Device: 902h/2306d Inode: 50334845 Links: 14
    Access: (0711/drwx--x--x) Uid: ( 0/ rootuser) Gid: ( 514/ cpaneluser)

I dint understand your second answer :(

I typed on ssh
    ' touch /usr/testfile123 ' and then try to cd on that directory and i got this
    ' /usr/testfile123: Not a directory '

- - - Updated - - -

As well im having this error and when the website has more than 1000 vsits at one time it need more than 30 sec to load :(
    Code:
    [Tue Jul 22 10:42:21.022249 2014] [:error] [pid 5207] [client 213.207.57.239] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Pattern match "(?:\\\\b(?:(?:type\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\b(?:text\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\b(?:j(?:ava)?|ecma|vb)|application\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\bx-(?:java|vb))script|c(?:opyparentfolder|reatetextrange)|get(?:special|parent)folder|iframe\\\\b.{0,100}?\\\\bsrc)\\\\b|on(?:(?:mo(?:use(?:o(?:ver|ut)|down|move|up)|ve)| ..." at REQUEST_HEADERS:Cookie. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "120"] [id "1234123449"] [msg "Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Attack"] [data "<iframe"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [tag "WEB_ATTACK/XSS"] [hostname "500gag.com"] [uri "/themes/elegant/images/favicon_custom.png"] [unique_id "U854TLhrkvIAABRXgigAAACh"]

5. Eduart Milushi

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The folder is /virtfs/ and the permissions are as follow:

Code:
     Access: (0711/drwx--x--x)  Uid: (    0/    rootuser)   Gid: (  514/ cpaneluser) [code]

and for the second answer i didn't understand it very well, but i have typed on ssh[code]  touch /usr/testfile123 
    and nothing happened then i try to cd to that and i got this
    Code:
     /usr/testfile123: Not a directory 
    - - - Updated - - -

i'm receiving this error as well:

Code:
     [Tue Jul 22 10:42:21.022249 2014] [:error] [pid 5207] [client ***.***.**.***] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Pattern match "(?:\\\\b(?:(?:type\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\b(?:text\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\b(?:j(?:ava)?|ecma|vb)|application\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\bx-(?:java|vb))script|c(?:opyparentfolder|reatetextrange)|get(?:special|parent)folder|iframe\\\\b.{0,100}?\\\\bsrc)\\\\b|on(?:(?:mo(?:use(?:o(?:ver|ut)|down|move|up)|ve)| ..." at REQUEST_HEADERS:Cookie. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "120"] [id "1234123449"] [msg "Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Attack"] [data "<iframe"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [tag "WEB_ATTACK/XSS"] [hostname "500gag.com"] [uri "/themes/elegant/images/favicon_custom.png"] [unique_id "U854TLhrkvIAABRXgigAAACh"]

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please feel free to open a support ticket if you want us to take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...