Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_ruid2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by markb14391, Nov 16, 2011.

1. markb14391

markb14391 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have heard a good bit about mod_ruid2 as an alternative to suPHP and FCGI...enabling security and performance.

However, I've never seen a comprehensive guide to installing and configuring it on a cPanel shared hosting server. Does such a guide exist?

It's sometimes frustrating to have such great tools available, but with only bits and pieces of documentation scattered across the web.

Thanks,

Mark

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. markb14391

Hi Michael,

Thank you. I was already familiar with that thread, but I didn't consider it to be a definitive, step-by-step how-to. This is because, after the initial instructions, there were several comments from forum users saying you also have to do this and that, etc. And, there was a question as to what is necessary to make webmail work properly. I believe the thread participants are awaiting an answer from cPanel Tristan on that issue.

So I was still hoping for a simple, step-by-step, authoritative "how-to", or at least to see all the loose ends from that thread tied up.

Thanks,

Mark

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It is unlikely that such a guide will be put together. The reason being is that official mod_ruid2 support is already planned/pending for EasyApache 3.8 in accordance with this thread: http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/case-52294-support-mod_ruid2-229432.html

As a result, once Case 52294 is resolved and pushed to EasyApache (slated for EasyApache 3.8) then it will be a matter of just a checkbox click in EasyApache.

You can check EasyApache's changelog history here: EasyApache < AllDocumentation/ChangeLog < TWiki to determine when Case 52294 is implemented. You can also monitor the Feature Request thread I linked.

5. markb14391

That is great news!

I know the date is a moving target, but what is a realistic guess as to when this feature will be in EasyApache? (When might EA 3.8 realistically be released?)

Thanks,

Mark