The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_security - false positive issue

Discussion in 'Security' started by hooiyijun, Sep 21, 2014.

1. hooiyijun

hooiyijun Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I don't know why one user keep to break this rule. I checked their access log. They never try sql injection. And website is their wordpress. Once access wordpress, the user will be blocked with csf (if trigger mod_security, network ip will be blocked)
    Code:
    SecRule REQUEST_HEADERS|XML:/*|!REQUEST_HEADERS:Referer "(?:\b(?:(?:s(?:elect\b(?:.{1,100}?\b(?:(?:length|count|top)\b.{1,100}?\bfrom|from\b.{1,100}?\bwhere)|.*?\b(?:d(?:ump\b.*\bfrom|ata_type)|(?:to_(?:numbe|cha)|inst)r))|p_(?:(?:addextendedpro|sqlexe)c|(?:oacreat|prepar)e|execute(?:sql)?|makewebtask)|ql_(?:longvarchar|variant))|xp_(?:reg(?:re(?:movemultistring|ad)|delete(?:value|key)|enum(?:value|key)s|addmultistring|write)|e(?:xecresultset|numdsn)|(?:terminat|dirtre)e|availablemedia|loginconfig|cmdshell|filelist|makecab|ntsec)|u(?:nion\b.{1,100}?\bselect|tl_(?:file|http))|group\b.*\bby\b.{1,100}?\bhaving|d(?:elete\b\W*?\bfrom|bms_java)|load\b\W*?\bdata\b.*\binfile|(?:n?varcha|tbcreato)r|autonomous_transaction|open(?:rowset|query)|1\s*=\s*1)\b|i(?:n(?:to\b\W*?\b(?:dump|out)file|ner\b\W*?\bjoin)\b|(?:f(?:\b\W*?\(\W*?\bbenchmark|null\b)|snull\b)\W*?\()|(?:having|or|and)\b\s+(?:\d{1,10}|[\'\"][^=]{1,10}[\'\"])\s*[=<>]+|print\b\W*?\@\@|cast\b\W*?\()|(?:;\W*?\b(?:shutdown|drop)|\@\@version)\b|'(?:s(?:qloledb|a)|msdasql|dbo)')" "capture,t:urlDecodeUni,t:htmlEntityDecode,t:lowercase,t:replaceComments,ctl:auditLogParts=+E,log,auditlog,msg:'SQL Injection Attack. Matched signature <%{TX.0}>',severity:'2',id:'1234123486'"
    Regards,
    Jun

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator