mod_security hits not showing up in WHM

cPDan

cPanel Staff
Staff member
Mar 9, 2004
fixed, cpanel should correct the ' ' comma issue in the next updates for addon_modsec.cgi
addon_modesec.cgi that is installed via EasyApache 3 in CURRRENT and EDGE have had this resolved for a while. I'll verify today that the old one is fixed as well.

Snowman30

PartnerNOC
Apr 7, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
This isnt resolved

we have apache 2.2 installed via ea3 and the addmon modsec function in WHM still odes not show the log

we have to tail it manually to view it

cPDan

cPanel Staff
Staff member
Mar 9, 2004
This isnt resolved

we have apache 2.2 installed via ea3 and the addmon modsec function in WHM still odes not show the log

we have to tail it manually to view it
perhaps the old scripts were not properly replaced. COuld oyu submit a ticket 'ATTN: Dan' and reference this thread so I can take look?

Bulent Tekcan

May 11, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yesterday I jump to apache 2.2.6 and modsec report nor work again.I tried this command.

/usr/local/cpanel/addons/modsecparse.pl

And after this command report is coming in WHM.I checked some line in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_modsec.cgi again.Than I find this line...

}
else {
# $querystmnt = q{1 ORDER BY 'id' DESC LIMIT 0,30};
$querystmnt = q{1 ORDER BY date DESC, id DESC LIMIT 0,30};
}

Any idea for this ?

cPDan

cPanel Staff
Staff member
Mar 9, 2004
Any fix for this on apache 2 with mod_security 2?
It was fixed months ago, if its not working for you now then you need to submit a ticket 'ATTN: Dan' so we can see why its stuck on a broken one.

cPDan

cPanel Staff
Staff member
Mar 9, 2004
As you can see the query is indeed different on the latest, if you have thiss erro you've a very very old one.

hal9000:ea dmuey$ grep 'ORDER BY' mod_sec/modsecparse.pl mod_sec/addon_modsec.cgi
mod_sec/addon_modsec.cgi: $querystmnt = "$table LIKE '$search' ORDER BY '$sort' $order LIMIT $lower,$upper";
mod_sec/addon_modsec.cgi: # $querystmnt = q{1 ORDER BY 'id' DESC LIMIT 0,30};
mod_sec/addon_modsec.cgi: $querystmnt = q{1 ORDER BY date DESC, id DESC LIMIT 0,30};
hal9000:ea dmuey$ md5 mod_sec/addon_modsec.cgi
MD5 (mod_sec/addon_modsec.cgi) = 1f1e8615ea28ae7d8cd60b9c0b79eae9
hal9000:ea dmuey$

cPDan

cPanel Staff
Staff member
Mar 9, 2004
I just updated to WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.17.0-S19434

Mine have the quotation marks for 'id' but doesn't seem to have problems.
There must be a local condition keeping it from updating as I've verified repeatedly that this issue was resolved before ea3 and remains resolved. Please submit a ticket 'Attn: Dan' so I can look into why it appears to be stuck on your box. thanks