Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

mod_security problem...

Discussion in 'Security' started by 4u123, Aug 21, 2006.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Having a strange problem on one server...

Installed mod_security and changed the config file to use the standard rules.conf from gotroot.com

When I try and restart apache I get this problem...

Syntax error on line 51 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
    Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so into server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so: undefined symbol: ap_user_id

When I remove the Include "/usr/local/apache/conf/rules.conf" line from modsec.conf - apache starts fine.

I cant work out why the mod_security rules in that file would have an effect on mod_rewrite loading. I've used the exact same mod_security config on another server and it works fine.

Any ideas ?

2. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

Are you using the correct set of rules for the version of apache / mod security you are running?

3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Yes,

I'm using the version 1 rules and I re-installed mod_security via WHM. The server is basically identical to other ones we have that this works fine with. Thats why its so confusing.