Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_speling 404 issues

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Kurt Kokoruz, Jan 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kurt Kokoruz

Kurt Kokoruz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am having an issue where I am getting a 404 error based on folders being case sensitive but only when an application calls out to them. If you look at my log file my 404 error only occurs on the POST, not the GET. No issues reading the files in these case sensitive directories on the GET but nothing but 404 errors on the POST. Any help to get me past this issue I would really appreciate.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can install the mod_speling Apache module via the following command on systems using EasyApache 4:

Code:
    yum install ea-apache24-mod_speling
    You can then add the following entry to the .htaccess file within the website's document root:

Code:
    <IfModule mod_speling.c>
      CheckCaseOnly On
      CheckSpelling On
    </IfModule>

Documentation on this option is found at:

mod_speling - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4

Note that I do see your access level is listed as "Website Owner". You'll need to reach out to your web hosting provider for assistance if you don't have root access to complete the action referenced above.

Thanks!

3. Kurt Kokoruz

Kurt Kokoruz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you for you response and I apologize for not including that but I have already installed mod_speling and updated my htaccess file. That is what is so frustrating about this. I have also done some testing where I made directories initial capped and have no issue reading content from those folders no mater if I follow the naming convention or not.

In my log files I am getting 404 on the POST when a script loads the page content. It see's it as not there.

I have this running on MAMP with no issues but when I load it onto my MediaTemple Server the 404 on the POST error shows up.

K.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.