The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mode security code 406 error

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by k-planethost, Mar 27, 2011.

1. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

on customers wordpress sites i observe the following from mod security and csf at the end lock them out
    Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Pattern match "(?:\b(?:(?:type\b\W*?\b(?:text\b\W*?\b(?:j(?:ava)?|ecma|vb)|application\b\W*?\bx-(?:java|vb))script|c(?:eek:pyparentfolder|reatetextrange)|get(?:special|parent)folder|iframe\b.{0,100}?\bsrc)\b|on(?:(?:mo(?:use(?:eek:(?:ver|ut)|down|move|up)|ve)|key(?:press|d ..." at REQUEST_FILENAME. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "120"] [id "950004"] [msg "Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Attack"] [data ".cookie"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [tag "WEB_ATTACK/XSS"]
    i have ConfigServer ModSecurity Control - cmc v1.02 on the server as well in case that needs triggering mod sec
    how can i fix this without disable mod_sec for specific domains?

on joomla sites i have this error as well
    Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Invalid UTF-8 encoding: invalid byte value in character at ARGS:subject. [offset "25"] [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "26"] [id "950801"] [msg "UTF8 Encoding Abuse Attack Attempt"] [severity "WARNING"]

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can add those 2 IDs to bypass using CMC for just the domains having the issue if you like.

3. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

sorted excellent script the CMC