The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modification of localdomains/remotedomains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by henker, Dec 5, 2007.

1. henker

henker Well-Known Member

cPanel still constantly modifies /etc/localdomains /etc/remotedomains, resp.
    Option "Automatically setup /etc/localdomains, /etc/remotedomains, /etc/secondarymx based on where the mx entry is pointed." is disabled.

*Why* does cPanel modify those files every time I modify a DNS zone ? chattr +i those files is not really an option.
    This happens on STABLE and RELEASE.

2. blazeman

blazeman Registered

This might sound like a basic question... but did you notice the check box at the bottom that says
    . It's on the Edit MX record page and the zone edit page. I had a client who had the same issues and I just found that box for them.

3. henker

henker Well-Known Member

I remember that option in RELEASE, however I don't see it in STABLE.
    However, as far as I understand, that option would add ALL your sites to /etc/localdomains, which is not what I want :(

4. dolphyn

dolphyn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    "Always accept mail locally" is a per-domain setting that shows up on the "Edit a DNS Zone" and "Edit MX Entry" pages. My brief experimentation indicates that it works best if "Automatically setup ..." is enabled in Tweak Settings.

Now, does anyone know where WHM stores the data for "Always accept mail locally"? In other words, how does WHM determine whether to display a checkmark in the box when I pull up the form? I would have guessed it would be based on /etc/localdomains or /var/cpanel/userdata, but this does not appear to be the case. (I want to enable the option for a large number of domains, to help prevent accidentally disabling someone's email later on. Thanks!)