The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modify an Account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosmin, Feb 6, 2002.

1. cosmin

cosmin Well-Known Member

Hi!

I'm a reseller and I have an account zzz.com and after some times I change in www.zzz.com (I don't know why). But, is a big problem, all mail address are office@www.zzz.com and this is not good, of course. Now I try to change the name from www.zzz.com back to zzz.com and I receive the next message:
    Modifing httpd.conf
    Modifing proftpd.conf
    Modifing domainaliases
    Modifing valiases
    Adding dns entry
    Sorry, a DNS entry for aner.ro already exists, please delete it first

I delete from &edit DNS zone& and the same message.
    Who can help me please becouse the &support department& don't respond to my message and my client is nervous, of course.

Many thanks!!!

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

You'll need to delete the dns zone under delete a zone first .. you may need the server owner to do it for you..

3. cosmin

cosmin Well-Known Member

If you can, please tell me how make this step by step. I want to send this at &support& department becouse I think she don't know how make this. I send for &support& dep. 5-6 e-mails but nothing... and I'm disperated...

Thank you very much!!!

4. hedgehog

hedgehog Well-Known Member

If your provider is not responsive, you can always backup, delete the account, create it once again (without the www) and then restore.

And if your host has not responded after 5 to 6 emails, you might consider shifting to another one aswell ; )

hedgy