The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modify disk space allotment error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by redham, Aug 15, 2007.

1. redham

redham Member

OK this isn't a new problem so I hope someone can tell me what I can't find through searching.
    I have a reseller account and was trying to upgrade a client's quota from 7000 to 7200, only a 200 MB difference. My account presently has a disk quota of 10,000 MB, my client's actual used space is about 4200 MB. Simple math 10000 - 4200 = 5800 unused disk space. WHM is treating the requested 7200 MB as if it were being used when actually the account is brand new and is using very little disk space.

The exact error reached from the "Quota Modification" page after entering 7200 MB for the account:
    (The numbers are slightly different because I have changed a couple of accounts).

Software:
    WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.8.0-R16150
    CENTOS Enterprise 4.5 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

OH, and the reason I said that this isn't a new problem is because I found a OLD thread:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=23112&highlight=Modify+disk+space+error Too bad there wasn't a fix there. :rolleyes:

#1 redham, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Any accounts with large MySQL databases?

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

There have been a lot of fixes to resellers since the build you are using. Please upgrade and try again.

4. redham

redham Member

No, but if there were it would be included in the disk space used.

Thanks though

redham

5. redham

redham Member

I've found the problem (I think).
    From the WHM manual:
    So why can't quota limits be set and overselling both be allowed without letting resellers go over their limits?

It seems to me that this is something that needs to be changed. Isn't it possible for WHM to allow an increase in quota without taking into account the space alloted by the reseller? Space alloted should make no difference as long as the space used limit hasn't been reached. The reseller's limits should be able to be made concrete then space alloted and quota increases could not override the reseller's limits. Course I'm certainly no programmer so there might be a unseen factor preventing this. [/food for thought]

redham