The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modify modsecurity & spam assassin per account

Discussion in 'Security' started by James Tan, Apr 5, 2016.

1. James Tan

James Tan Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

is there a way to enable / disable mod security on multiple account in a list of account?
    i would like to filter it by reseller.
    it would be great to work the same for spam assassins, i need to be able to enable/disable spam assassin for multiple account in few steps, and also able to set automatic delete email if spam score above X score for multiple account.

is this features available?

it would be also great to modify package to allow enable / disable mod security and also spam assassin configuration.
    i find it tedious to do one by one. im also in the middle of migrating many accounts from another provider.

and it will be more awesome if we can actually duplicate package
    #1 James Tan, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

1. You may find the following third-party application helpful for enabling/disabling Mod Security on a per-account basis from Web Host Manager:

ConfigServer ModSecurity Control

2. There is no supported method to enable/disable SpamAssassin on a per-account basis from Web Host Manager. However, you could remove the "/home/$username/.spamassassinenable" file from each account that you want to disable it on. Otherwise, feel free to open a feature request for the ability to enable/disable SpamAssassin on individual accounts from Web Host Manager:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.