Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

modify_accounts script doesn't clear cache

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Haym, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Haym

Haym Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

If a user changes their style via the cPanel interface, the cache is busted and the new style takes effect immediately.

However if we change a user's style using the modify_accounts script, a hard refresh is required to clear the cache. This script should also trigger a cache bust in whatever way the change style UI does, e.g. query string number increment.

Currently we cannot use the modify_accounts script because it's ineffective when users are seeing cached files which are set to expire after 2 months.

Thanks

2. Haym

Haym Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Note that the UAPI function Styles::update does not have this problem, the cache is cleared properly using this method. However this of course requires the user to have the Styles feature enabled. So I would definitely consider this to be a bug in the modify_accounts script.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I've opened internal case CPANEL-15499 to report this behavior. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...