The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modifying Backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pryach, May 17, 2005.

1. Pryach

Pryach Member

The majority of my users host large video files which make up the majority of the space used.

Is there a way to modify the Backup option so it doesn't actually backup files that are greater than 5MB in size?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You'd have to modify /scripts/cpbackup to do that. Be aware that a upcp update will overwrite it, though, so you'd be better off taking a copy of it, modify that and then change the root crontab to run your script rather than the default one.

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

The /scripts/cpbackup does get overwritten when upcp runs, but it's rarely changed, so if you do want to modify that script, you may want to use my watchwwwacct script. With minor modifications it can be used to watch for, and undo, changes to pretty much any file.

You would have a copy of the original script, and a copy of your modified version, and if an update writes the file back to it's original, my script will automatically put back your modified version.