The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modifying cPanel login script?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kyfrow, Oct 3, 2005.

1. kyfrow

kyfrow Registered

Oct 2, 2005

I'm in the process of developing a system for a free web hosting server. This system is to remove cPanel accounts that haven't been logged into within 2 weeks. My idea of a way to do this is simple:

Modify cPanel's login script, so when a user logs in, it'll also update a row in a database (one created by me, or a textfile, probably textfile. What it updates is just a date, and I will create a cron job to run a PHP script that'll check for any accounts that haven't been logged into within 2 weeks, and remove them using WHM::Accounting.

The only problem I'm coming across is, I CAN'T FIND THE LOGIN SCRIPT. The html file for the login says, <form action="/login/">, but, I can't find /login/ anywhere. I'm assuming maybe apache is forwarding /login/ somewhere else, or it's just hidden somewhere?

The cPanel version is 10.8.0 current 7. I'm desperate to find this login script, please can somebody assist me?

Hoping for help, thanks!

Kyle Renfrow
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    It's part of the closed-source cPanel binaries, so you're not going to be able to modify it. What you could do is to write a script to watch the /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log file and check for the UID of the user which will log in their if they login to the cPanel UI.