The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modifying Default vhost for unbound IPs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ron_r, Sep 5, 2009.

1. ron_r

ron_r Registered

I'm working on a VPS and know the edits necessary to change the wildcard host to have a different document (other than /usr/local/apache/conf ), change the user, etc.

That's fine as long as I don't make changes on the server that affect the web configuration with cpanel.

I've tried several times to get distiller to store those changes to the cpanel datastore/templates with no luck. I've also tried editing the config files in /var/cpanel/userdata/user/domain.tld.

I have not found a way to prevent /scripts/rebuildhttpdconf from adding the wildcard host or successfully configure the vhost source files so that the wildcard requests go to different web account (ex. serveralias: *):

Code:
    NameVirtualHost *:80
    NameVirtualHost 12.34.56.78:80
    NameVirtualHost *

# Default vhost for unbound IPs

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName server.domain.com
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
        ServerAdmin admin@domain.com
    </VirtualHost>
    Is there a way to eliminate the default wildcard host or modify it in the cpanel source data?

2. ron_r

ron_r Registered

Thanks for the help.

The common thread in the related threads after I posted was that this question doesn't get answered. That's up to you folks. Something you may want to keep in mind is that I would not have this problem if my VPS was using plesk instead of cPanel.