Modifying Packages & Effect on Existing Customers

wizzy420

Nov 13, 2007
If one modifies a package, say reduces # of addon domains, or increases amount of disk space will it:

a) Modify all customers who have that package

or

b) Only affect newly created accounts w/ that package?

I'm hoping the answer is b :)

thewebhosting

May 9, 2008
No. It will modify all customers who have that package assigned.

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
If you're needing separate (package-defined) limitations for different accounts it may be a good idea to create a separate set of packages that include the possible upgrades. Having a package to revert back to may prove beneficial in the future, especially to help track which account was supposed to have which adjustments (where they are defined in a package instead of only being manually customized).

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
If you're needing separate (package-defined) limitations for different accounts it may be a good idea to create a separate set of packages that include the possible upgrades. Having a package to revert back to may prove beneficial in the future, especially to help track which account was supposed to have which adjustments (where they are defined in a package instead of only being manually customized).
Agreed. What I do is give the new package a similar name to the old one just to keep from going nuts with many different package names.
Old plan name example: Basic
New plan name: Basic Plan1

This keeps them sorted on my Edit Packages screen.