The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modifying Quota on stuff like subdomains, mail lists

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ckleavitt, Feb 18, 2002.

1. ckleavitt

ckleavitt Member

I am rather new to WHM, so ho do you add additional e-mail lists, or subdomains to an account that is already created. I know how to add more bandwith or space, but cant find how to modify the quota on these other features.

Also, I am reselling, and I need to know if there is an Auto Account Setup script that can be used by a reseller using WHM, and that doesnt require root access.

Thanks in advance for your help!;)

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:782ffbe58c][i:782ffbe58c]Originally posted by ckleavitt[/i:782ffbe58c]

I am rather new to WHM, so ho do you add additional e-mail lists, or subdomains to an account that is already created. I know how to add more bandwith or space, but cant find how to modify the quota on these other features.

Also, I am reselling, and I need to know if there is an Auto Account Setup script that can be used by a reseller using WHM, and that doesnt require root access.

Thanks in advance for your help!;) [/quote:782ffbe58c]

You could use the Cpanel::Accounting Interface to auto create accounts

3. ckleavitt

ckleavitt Member

I hope I don't sound stupid, although I am sure I do, but how would I do this??

4. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

&Modify Account& is in the left pane of your webhost manager....

or, to be most efficient, user profiles are in /var/cpanel/users/ ; as root edit the profile of the account in question to tweak these particular items.

5. ckleavitt

ckleavitt Member

ok, I am only have domain, theme, language, and user name under my modify accounts section in WHM. Now, I am a reseller, so I guess that means I just dont have access to change anything else, or are those the only things that can be modify.

If it is true that I am just blcoked, is it possible for the admin to give me access to modify specific feature quotas, such as subdomain, mailing lists, etc?

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:66bc6bb916][i:66bc6bb916]Originally posted by ckleavitt[/i:66bc6bb916]

ok, I am only have domain, theme, language, and user name under my modify accounts section in WHM. Now, I am a reseller, so I guess that means I just dont have access to change anything else, or are those the only things that can be modify.

If it is true that I am just blcoked, is it possible for the admin to give me access to modify specific feature quotas, such as subdomain, mailing lists, etc?[/quote:66bc6bb916]

From what you are saying it appears as they did not grant you permission to access the modify account feature..