Chriz1977

Sep 18, 2006
Hi

Im thinking of installing ModMono on my Cent OS 4.3 Server. Does anyone have any experience with this addon? I just want to hear about other peoples experiences with it before I commit to installing it.

Cheers
Chriz

yash

Aug 28, 2006
So far as I no nobody got it to work correctly with cpanel, and myself gave up a long time ago :p

Swaroop

Jun 23, 2005
Some of them have got it to work but I have tried it a lot on many servers running cPanel (many variations too) but it just doesn't work :(

Go ahead, there's no harm in trying it.

a1hosting

Registered
May 29, 2007
WHM-Mod_mono? Why is it not in the add-ons?

------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsenter
ASP has nothing to do with cpanel itself. It is more of an issue with having or not having a windows server or another application running on a Unix server. In most cases considering a stardard configuration you cannot run asp pages.

However it is possibly to run asp on a Unix server. You must install Mono with an aspx server on your Unix Server please see

http://www.mono-project.com/Guidelines:Application_Portability

cPanel/WHM does include support for mod_mono but it is disabled by default. ASP support will be limited to that which mono supports.

------------

This is a post I got today from cpanel.net. I hope it helps you in your quest. I havent gotten it to work yet but am hopeful!

Mike B.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Developer Experience 63
K Developer Experience 1