The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ModMono

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Chriz1977, May 4, 2007.

1. Chriz1977

Chriz1977 Well-Known Member

Hi

Im thinking of installing ModMono on my Cent OS 4.3 Server. Does anyone have any experience with this addon? I just want to hear about other peoples experiences with it before I commit to installing it.

Cheers
    Chriz

2. yash

yash Member

So far as I no nobody got it to work correctly with cpanel, and myself gave up a long time ago :p

3. Swaroop

Swaroop Active Member

Some of them have got it to work but I have tried it a lot on many servers running cPanel (many variations too) but it just doesn't work :(

Go ahead, there's no harm in trying it.

4. a1hosting

a1hosting Registered

WHM-Mod_mono? Why is it not in the add-ons?

------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wsenter
    ASP has nothing to do with cpanel itself. It is more of an issue with having or not having a windows server or another application running on a Unix server. In most cases considering a stardard configuration you cannot run asp pages.

However it is possibly to run asp on a Unix server. You must install Mono with an aspx server on your Unix Server please see

http://www.mono-project.com/Guidelines:Application_Portability

cPanel/WHM does include support for mod_mono but it is disabled by default. ASP support will be limited to that which mono supports.

------------

This is a post I got today from cpanel.net. I hope it helps you in your quest. I havent gotten it to work yet but am hopeful!

Mike B.