The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modsec.conf broke webmail

Discussion in 'Security' started by anup123, Dec 17, 2005.

1. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2004
    This Planet
    Looks like cPanel updated the modsec.conf file to include all those bcc and cc issue and that broke all the webmail that i run under mod_perl (which runs as nobody as suExec and mpd_perl don't go together).

Yes i was hit by this on 22nd Nov (spam issue) through one of the clients sripts and blocked that script (insecire as per terms of service) and replaced with a more secure cgi/pl script. No issues of SPAM sent out so far from these scripts though there have been repeated attempts. Was blocked out by AOL but after the changeover, just sent a email to them and our server is off their blacklist, though we are still recieveing the TOS notification for all mails thatbwere sent out on 22nd Nov 2005.

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2004
    WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-E59
    RedHat 9 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

I just checked my modsec_conf and there has been no additions from any cPanel update including this nights nightly security update, which has just been carried out.

I also checked the default and the modsec_user.conf with the same result - no cPanel edits or additions.

Are you sure it was a Cpanel update include?