tank

Apr 12, 2011
Chicago, IL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
So its seems the module installers don't work. Out of the three i have tried all of them gave me failed installs?

hash1.5
crack
python

I submitted a ticket for the first one and I was told the tech did not know why hash would not install correctly but he did for me. Awesome

I tried crack and I submitted a ticket. I was told "crack tar ball was out of date". He updated for me and installed it. Great

Now python won't install. i get.

Code:
Failed to download pecl/python within preferred state "stable", latest release is version 0.8.0, stability "alpha", use "channel://pecl.php.net/python-0.8.0" to install
install failed
The python.so object is not in /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613
So my question to everyone why include these PHP Pecl extensions if they are outdated an or won't install correctly. This frustrates me as the user and seems to be a failure of Cpanel to present "the whole package" Am I the only one to feel this way.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This existing error message indicates that there is no stable python PECL module, so the installer simply cannot install it. That is going to happen for any of the PECL modules that are not in stable state.

While I could understand your concern for hash1.5 or crack, I cannot agree this is a failure on the PECL module installer for this python module, since it isn't yet in stable state. Personally, I would not want that installer to allow alpha or beta modules to be installed.

What were the ticket numbers for the other two modules? I would like to review the tickets if possible.

tank

Apr 12, 2011
Chicago, IL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Tristan thank you for the response. I meant no disrespect in the above post. Why offer to have an auto installer of a particular program if it is not stable? Thats all I was saying. I agree I don't wont alphas and or beta modules to be installed either, so I am happy those did not install.

1633210 hash1.5
1634477 crack.so