The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitoring Script - Would you buy this or be interested?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XPerties, Jan 6, 2005.

1. XPerties

XPerties Well-Known Member

I have seen many threads on other forums in which people are looking for monitoring scripts that keeps a % uptime on top of monitoring their servers.

I have been working with a top coder to build such a script and wanted to get some feedback from everyone on the interest it may bring. Here is the basic concept. If you think something is missing or suggest something please let me know.

[1] Will monitor servers with ping, httpd and content checker.

[2] Will have multiple admins per server. For example:
    Sever A has admin A assigned to it. Server goes down it will send an alert. Server B has admin A and B. Server goes down admin A and B will be alerted.

[3] Special Alerts. Example:
    Server A goes down. Script will check it and alert admin A. Based on your settings it will recheck server X amount of times in X amount of minutes and then alert admin A and B.

[4] Uptime. Example:
    Based on a monthly table it will calculate the %. Each time the server is up or down it will store the data in a database and show how many outages for the entire month and give you a % out of 100. On the client side each month will have a calendar layout showing how many outages and the % of downtime for that month.

[5] Possible add-ons being worked on: Plug-in to be placed on other servers to have the ability to monitor your servers from other locations which will report back to the main script and keep the % up to date.

There are many other details that I did not input but I wanted to get some feedback on what you thought and most important if you would be interested in this. The script would be priced below $100 for a owned lenses with no limits on the license other than deny the ability to start your own monitoring company using the license.

Your feedback is welcomed.