More accounts on different IP addresses

matrix666

Registered
Jun 25, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Here is what Im trying to do. I currently have 10 available IP addresses on my dedicated server. How do I setup a DEDICATED IP per every 3 accounts on the server. I do realize I can set a dedicated IP using WHM, but then only one account has that IP.

I need at least 3-5 accounts to have a dedicated IP shared by only these 3-5 accounts.

Thanks
Regards

NixTree

Aug 19, 2010
Gods Own Country
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

Two ways to do this,

1. Suppose you need to set IP 1.1.1.1 for Users A, B and C. For this, set IP 1.1.1.1 as the main shared IP of the server and use the "change IP of multiple accounts" feature WHM and select 1.1.1.1 ( current main shared IP ) for all these domains. Repeat the same steps for all the other domains / IPs . When done, set the correct main shared IP to the server.

2. Use Reseller Shared IP / IP delegation feature from Reseller center ( refer Reseller Modifications )

Thank you.

matrix666

Registered
Jun 25, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for your suggestions.

What I planned:
1) Create multiple resellers with dedicated IP addresses.
2) Add them all to WHMcs and limit 5 accounts per server/reseller.

Its what Im going to do but how do I move the current accounts? If I just change account at WHM from root to a reseller with dedicated IP, will IP be automatically changed or?

NixTree

Aug 19, 2010
Gods Own Country
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Thanks for your suggestions.

What I planned:
1) Create multiple resellers with dedicated IP addresses.
2) Add them all to WHMcs and limit 5 accounts per server/reseller.

Its what Im going to do but how do I move the current accounts? If I just change account at WHM from root to a reseller with dedicated IP, will IP be automatically changed or?

No, you will have to manually assisgn IPs to the corresponding account ( use change site's IP address feature in WHM ). Changing the ownership of an account won't change its IP address.