The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More info on BoxTrapper requested

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cunoodle2, Sep 16, 2004.

1. cunoodle2

cunoodle2 Member

First off is there a "how to" page for BoxTrapper? If not we should all put one together or make like an "Offical Box Trapper FAQ." So I have a few questions on this and I am hoping that someone can help me out. Once we get these rolling I will start an "unofficial FAQ here on the help boards"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) The verification request that BoxTrapper sends out comes from <user>@ServerName.Com It does NOT come from the person's e-mail account when sending from the default catch all account.

for example say a person has domain.com and they are on 110.ServerName.com. If someone sends a message to "bobb@domain.com" box trapper sends out the verify from "<user>@110.ServerName.Com" Is there anyway to change this setting for the default account to make it come from like 'someaddress@domain.com'?

2) When you go to manage the settings for box trapper on an account and then click on "Configure Settings" you have two options ... "Email addresses going to this account (comma seperated list)" and "How many days logs and messages in the queue should be kept" what does the setting for "Email addresses going to this account (comma seperated list)" mean?

3) There is an option to configure a "returnverify" message. I THINK that it is SUPPOSED TO work like this..
    1. Bob sends you an e-mail.
    2. Bob gets the verify e-mail from you
    3. If Bob can verify that he is a real person and is white listed THEN he will get the "returnverify" e-mail basically stating that you have been white listed and can use the service now.

At this time for some reason it does not appear to be working like that. Is this how it is supposed to work? Or am I missing something here.

Overall this application has HUGE potential but there are many bugs that do need to be worked out.