heymichelle

Feb 25, 2002
I am very new in owning a server and I need some information on how many domains can be put on one IP and does the cpanel know when to switch over when I guess one block is full< how will i know all this.

Any help would be appreciated. And if I had to start assigning a different IP to customers, do i just assign them the 2nd IP on the list and thats it, I am having problems understanding exactly what to do on nameservers?
Does each IP haveto be named a different IP? because I notice the whm panel only supports 3 ns.yourdomain.com
so how can you add more?

SoftmegUK

Feb 13, 2002
UK
how many domains can be put on one IP and does the cpanel know when to switch over when I guess one block is full< how will i know all this.
You can use as many sites as you like on one IP, ive currently got 606 on one!

I am having problems understanding exactly what to do on nameservers?
Does each IP haveto be named a different IP? because I notice the whm panel only supports 3 ns.yourdomain.com
so how can you add more?.
The minmum is to have 2 nameservers and you really don't need any more unless you want to use different nameservers for your resellers etc, do a search on the forums for setting up additional nameservers and you will find some information!

Hope this helps!

heymichelle

Feb 25, 2002
WOW - thanks for the FAST response!

Okay well that answered my main question, here i thought 87 domains was alot, but i guess not. Okay thank you for your help!