The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more problems with multiple domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogboy, Mar 10, 2003.

1. fogboy

fogboy Registered

i replied to an earlier thread, but it was long and old, so i thought i should post here in hopes of a response. thanks in advance.

-------------------
    after reading all the replies here [referring to twiztv's post on multiple domain hosting] and in all the other similar posts, i still cannot get multiple domains to work. note first of all i'm not a reseller, i'm only using cPanel, not WHM. but admin at eryxma has said yes for sure you can have multip domain under just cPanel.

in the previous reply,
    iain-pczap.net said:

"ok say i have domain1.com and domain2.com
    when i goto add-on domains i create dm2.domain1.com and point domain2.com to it."

so that's what i'm working from here, but perhaps i'm misunderstanding it. can someone please layout the steps to take one at a time, and be very specific about which cPanel tool to use for which action? thanks. here's the details of my problem:

so, i have domain1.com and i've added domain2.com under "Addon Domains" and cPanel in turn set up domain2dir, a new directory for that domain.

then, i set up subdomain redirection so that domain2dir goes to domain2.com.

and domain2.com is not visible on the web. note that yes, dns has been properly set up (i know because i first did it as a parked domain and it showed the content of domain1.com just fine) and i've waited for propogation.