Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

More than 1 Login for cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bluhosting, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Bluhosting

Bluhosting Active Member

Hi i have had multiple requests from customers to have more than 1 Login account for their cpanel so say their domain was customer.com and the user was bob pass was smith they want to have
    User: Bob
    pass: smith
    User 2: smith
    pass: bob

for the one domain. Is this possible?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Keegan

Keegan Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Think of the control panel as the master control, once they're in, why have seperate users?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bluhosting

Bluhosting Active Member

Because they want multiple people to have access to their cPanel without having their user name and pass given out.

4. Keegan

Keegan Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    But it goes to the same place... lol What does it matter? =)

5. TAK

TAK Well-Known Member

I would have to agree that this would be a handy feature for some people when they are running a site with others. For my personal site I have on my server, I would never give out my l/p because if I ever did not want this person to be able to login again, I would have to change my password for everything.

6. alex042

alex042 Well-Known Member

If they only run a subdomain of the site, this would be easy to create as many cpanel accounts as you want from within WHM based on the subdomain.

7. TAK

TAK Well-Known Member

but in that case, were already pretty much heading more towards a reseller setup if you give a control panel to each subdomain owner.

8. PbG

PbG Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even if you could do this, changing the default password would take just as many clicks as disabling the secondary login/password.