Bluhosting

Aug 29, 2003
Hi i have had multiple requests from customers to have more than 1 Login account for their cpanel so say their domain was customer.com and the user was bob pass was smith they want to have
User: Bob
pass: smith
User 2: smith
pass: bob

for the one domain. Is this possible?

Keegan

Oct 22, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Think of the control panel as the master control, once they're in, why have seperate users?

Bluhosting

Aug 29, 2003
Because they want multiple people to have access to their cPanel without having their user name and pass given out.

TAK

Dec 10, 2003
I would have to agree that this would be a handy feature for some people when they are running a site with others. For my personal site I have on my server, I would never give out my l/p because if I ever did not want this person to be able to login again, I would have to change my password for everything.

alex042

Sep 13, 2003
If they only run a subdomain of the site, this would be easy to create as many cpanel accounts as you want from within WHM based on the subdomain.

TAK

Dec 10, 2003
but in that case, were already pretty much heading more towards a reseller setup if you give a control panel to each subdomain owner.

PbG

Mar 11, 2003
Agreed. Even if you could do this, changing the default password would take just as many clicks as disabling the secondary login/password.

Originally posted by Keegan
But it goes to the same place... lol What does it matter? =)