The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move contents of a folder????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weapon X, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X Registered

I want to move the contents of one folder to another and it seems straight forward in Cpanel, well I thought it did.

Well there is the option to do so and it does say "choose where to move files to" and I am there but how do I actually move them ?????
    There is no button to execute the move ????

2. Mani

Mani Well-Known Member

hi

ok concentrate with me abit here

we have 2 elemnts there one is the file or folder icon and one is the name and both are hyper linked so both are clickable.

i will go so slow to you can follow up with this.

let us say we are in public_html

under public_html we have 2 folders images1 and store

* images1 and stor can be any thing.

now have have a file called store.html and it is in images1 and you want to move it to store folder.

steps

1- click on images1 folder icon so it will expand
    2- click on store.html file name not icon
    3- on right hand top side you will see move file click on it
    4- click on one step up
    5- now here you will so both folder names and icons click on the the folder name store not icon.

you have moved file name store.html from images1 folder to store folder you are don.

if you want to move a subfolder you will do the same thing just lick on the subfolder name not icon then click on move then up to the place you want then click on the other folder name that you want this subfolder to be in.

3. Weapon X

Weapon X Registered

Thanks, still being a bit confused I, after reading and following the steps, I realized that clicking the text of the folder I wanted to move the stuff to is what actually does the move.

Thanks again for your help........:)