Move CPanel to new hard drive

natediggs

Registered
Jul 26, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I have a single web server that hosts about 10 sites that has filled up it's data drive. I've installed a new drive and I want to move all of the data to the new disk. In order to move MySQL data to the new drive to I edit the cPanel my.cnf file located in: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/my.cnf?

Also, how do I change cPanel so it creates new profiles on the new storage location?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Nate

natediggs

Registered
Jul 26, 2010
Also, just to note, I've tried to find the documentation outlining how to do this without any success.

Lyttek

Jan 2, 2004
If possible, and without knowing more, I'd say the simplest road would be to use the new drive exclusively as your /home directory for all your sites...

I'd mount the new drive as /homenew, copy the contents of /home over to it, rename /home to /homeold and then mount the new drive as /home.

You'd probably want to take everything offline to do so...

natediggs

Registered
Jul 26, 2010
OK, I can definitely do that. I'd also like to force MySQL to save all data into new drive as well. Can I manually change the MySQL configuration that cPanel uses? My bigger question is, which my.cnf file is the file that cPanel uses to configure MySQL?