The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move large amount of accounts from one cPanel server to another

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChrisF, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ChrisF

ChrisF Registered

Hello,

We are looking to move 1500+ cPanel accounts using roughly 300GB of HDD to a server in another datacenter.

The plans must be transferred, the accounts, the resellers.. you name it!

The issue we're having here is that the usual WHM "Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server" doesn't seem to be getting the job done.

In roughly 5 hours, the progress was only 10%. This is not my primary concern, however.

The primary concern here is that while watching the transfer for a bit, I noticed that every now and again I would get errors stating that a file or folder was unable to be read and therefore was not transferred. This could lead to huge issues with data loss for clients and I of course cannot simply let that happen.

If you have any suggestions as to a more practical way to go about transferring this many accounts, please let me know. The real issue I want to solve here though is the issue with files/folders being unreadable. ALL files must be transferred, any data loss whatsoever from the clients' home directories etc. will be devastating.

We have up to a week to get this done, and we are hoping to get it done sooner. So going on that, what would you suggest?

2. green-hosts

green-hosts Member

Ok i think i have a soultion do you have MSN or somthing i can contact you by send me a PM if you do.
    EDIT: What's your CPU Speed?

#2 green-hosts, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  3. ChrisF

ChrisF Registered

You can contact me on AIM: weboutloudchris

Both servers are quad cores with at least 2.5GHz clock speed.