Move large amount of accounts from one cPanel server to another

ChrisF

Registered
Apr 9, 2010
Hello,

We are looking to move 1500+ cPanel accounts using roughly 300GB of HDD to a server in another datacenter.

The plans must be transferred, the accounts, the resellers.. you name it!

The issue we're having here is that the usual WHM "Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server" doesn't seem to be getting the job done.

In roughly 5 hours, the progress was only 10%. This is not my primary concern, however.

The primary concern here is that while watching the transfer for a bit, I noticed that every now and again I would get errors stating that a file or folder was unable to be read and therefore was not transferred. This could lead to huge issues with data loss for clients and I of course cannot simply let that happen.

If you have any suggestions as to a more practical way to go about transferring this many accounts, please let me know. The real issue I want to solve here though is the issue with files/folders being unreadable. ALL files must be transferred, any data loss whatsoever from the clients' home directories etc. will be devastating.

We have up to a week to get this done, and we are hoping to get it done sooner. So going on that, what would you suggest?

ChrisF

Registered
Apr 9, 2010
Ok i think i have a soultion do you have MSN or somthing i can contact you by send me a PM if you do.
EDIT: What's your CPU Speed?

You can contact me on AIM: weboutloudchris

Both servers are quad cores with at least 2.5GHz clock speed.