The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move SSL Certificate from cpanel to cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hanliong, Apr 15, 2012.

1. hanliong

hanliong Member

Hi, i have SSL certificate at one server using Cpanel. Now, this server will be shutted down. but i still need the SSL certificate live.
    So, i want to move SSL Certificate to another server that using cpanel too. It will has same name.

How can i do that? Trying to find at google, but nothing help.

Thanks.

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There is no tool to move SSL alone betwee servers. If you do a complete account transfetr via cPanel account restore, it will bring the SSL along with it! If you just want to move SSL only, use the SSL install utility from WHM on new server and copy paste the crt, key and ca bundle manually from old server.

Thank you,
    Nibin.

3. hanliong

hanliong Member

do you mean, if i pkgacct the site, all SSL certificate will be included?
    But, it has different IP address because SSL must have own IP. how about that?

If copy ca bundle, etc, at new server i need to create CSR first, right?
    but i dont remeber what information i put at old server like password, etc.
    how about that?

Thanks.

4. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

You can first transfer account to new sever. After this, assign dedicated IP address to your website having SSL certificate on new server.

1. Grab a copy of /usr/share/ssl/private/domainname.key and /usr/share/ssl/certs/domainname.cert and /usr/share/ssh/certs/domainname.cabundle (save them locally somewhere)
    2. Go to the ssl/tls section of whm on new server and click on "Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain"
    3. Paste the cert in
    4. Then the key
    5. Then doublecheck the domain, user, and IP (it may have automatically filled some of those - enter any it missed - if it doesnt supply a cabundle, paste the cabundle too)
    6. Click "DO IT"

5. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

You can first transfer account to new sever. After this, assign dedicated IP address to your website having SSL certificate on new server.

1. Grab a copy of /usr/share/ssl/private/domainname.key and /usr/share/ssl/certs/domainname.cert and /usr/share/ssh/certs/domainname.cabundle (save them locally somewhere)
    2. Go to the ssl/tls section of whm on new server and click on "Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain"
    3. Paste the cert in
    4. Then the key
    5. Then doublecheck the domain, user, and IP (it may have automatically filled some of those - enter any it missed - if it doesnt supply a cabundle, paste the cabundle too)
    6. Click "DO IT"