The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved account - Now email problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by roax66, May 26, 2007.

1. roax66

roax66 Well-Known Member

I recently moved a number of accounts to another disc. Everything went well apart from that now I have problems with the email (Exim?). Email sent to any of the domains just bounces back.

When I log into the accounts in Cpanel, I can no longer see any of the domains in the email section.

How can I get the domains back so I can view them under the respective account in Cpanel and be able to accept emails to each domain? Is there a manual Exim configuration that can be done?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

How did you move the accounts to another disk? Did you do it in WHM or manually somehow? One thing to check is that the path to the cPanel account is correct in /etc/passwd

3. roax66

roax66 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your respons!

The path to cpanel user is /usr/local/cpanel - it is ok? I do not think this is the problem since other accounts on the server work well.

Actually, what I did was not to copy from another disc but from another server! I restored the accounts from another server using the WHM "Restore multiple backups" function and created the new accounts on the server. After this was done all worked except the emails. None of the domains in the moved accounts show up inside the CPanel Email section. I want to set the default "catch-all" for each domain but the domains are not there!

When I try to email any of the domains in the moved accounts my local email client says:
    "The recipient blabla@domain.com is not acceptable to your SMTP server. The message is not sendable until it is changed."

How can I make the domains accept emails?
    Maybe it is easier outside CPanel? In Exim? Any point of direction is much appreciated!

4. roax66

roax66 Well-Known Member

Also tried by adding the domains to /etc/aliases but still the same result. Where can I tell my system to accept emails for these domains?

5. roax66

roax66 Well-Known Member

Found that none of the domains were present in /etc/valiases:

Added a file for one of the domains in /etc/valiases: mydomain.com:
    Typed in:

*: accountname

Still same result.

6. roax66

roax66 Well-Known Member

Also added the domain name to /etc/localdomains.

NOW IT WORKS!