moved site to secondary drive, now getting errors on cgi scripts

noimad1

Mar 27, 2003
Hi,

I was running out of space on a drive, so I added another drive. I then used the "mv" command to move a sites /home/user" folder to "/home2/user".

I then made a ln -s /home2/user /home/user to point it to the new directory.

Everything is working fine except the cgi-bin. Nothing in there seems to work, but was working fine before the move.

I just get "premature end of script headers". I've checked all the permissions, users, everything. It was the "mv" command, so I'm sure it just moved them directly, so i wouldn't think it would be a binary/ascii issue...

Anyone else had this problem before?

Last edited:

noimad1

Mar 27, 2003
bump...i really need help on this one if anyone has any ideas...

I've even tried going into my httpd.conf file and change the stanza for that domain to the /home2 directory....

viraj

Sep 28, 2006
India
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter

noimad1

Mar 27, 2003
Ah man, I had no idea at all that was available....man, wish I would have known that before I moved this 8GB site!

noimad1

Mar 27, 2003
Ok, so here's the deal. I moved the site back to the /home directory, and just for the heck of it, tried the cgi-bin. It was working fine.

I used the WHM tool to re-arrange the account to that drive, and guess what....cgi-bin isn't working now....

So it has to be something with the configuration...I just can't figure it out?

noimad1

Mar 27, 2003
Ok...finally figured out the problem. Turns out the drive was mounted with noexec permissions....added the exec permissions and it worked right away!