The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to New Server/Ip Address Now Facebook Can't Scrape Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mhernandez84, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhernandez84

mhernandez84 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    About a week ago I moved my site to a new server and was assigned a new ip address. After the move I was able to continue sharing content to google +, twitter etc. Except for Facebook. The debugger tool keeps returning the default apache page.

I've tried ever tip I've seen on this site thus far, cleared ever cache and waited a week to see if facebook would clear its caches but that hasn't happened. All the old content made before the move and new content added after the move all return a 404 error.

- Removed -

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#1 mhernandez84, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  2. mhernandez84

mhernandez84 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    After reviewing my error and access logs it appears the scraper is looking for my content here : /usr/local/apache/htdocs however only the basic error files (500, 403) etc are contained in that folder.

I'm also getting a ton of errors like this: File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/content
    File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/sites

Those errors are referencing drupal files (my cms) but all those files are at /home/accountname/public_html

Why would any scraper be looking in /htdocs and how can I get it to look in the home directory?

3. mhernandez84

mhernandez84 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It appears the scraper isn't the only ip address looking in that directory. I've been using cpanel for years and have never had to upload anything to the htdocs folder. Is there any reason some ips are looking there instead of the /home directory?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.