The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving a domain from one slot to another

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nclemale, Mar 20, 2010.

1. nclemale

nclemale Registered

hi i have recently moved a few domains around on my reseller account to keep the amounnt of account slots to a min . whilst terminating one account yesterday i noticed the keep dns check box which i presume it meant i would be easier to re add on another slot of the server so it had less downtime. now i have just done that for another domain and now it wont let me add the domain as it says it is owned by someone else.

Error from park wrapper: sitename.com is owned by another user.

what can i do here other than getting my reseller host to do something from his end .??

#1 nclemale, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

"keep dns check box" is helpful in case of a migration. If you have left the DNS of the domain on the server and terminated it and trying to re-add the same domain, it won't allow you to. You will have to remove the DNS zone first in order to add the domain.

If this is not the actual problem you are facing, then you can't do anything from the reseller panel and have to ask your reseller host to make the required changes on the server. They will have to check for any left over entries of sitename.com on the server and remove it before you can successfully add the domain.

3. nclemale

nclemale Registered

well yesterday when i was doing other domains i didnt check that box and it took about 15 mins for the site to come back up .

today i checked that check box as thought it would make it even quicker. but obviously not.