The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Account from another Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hosttrue, Aug 18, 2005.

1. hosttrue

hosttrue Member

Hi all,
    I am trying to move my Reseller Account ( i have only reseller account details , no root password) to my new deciated server, thats whay i am using functions :

Transfer >> Copy an account from another server with account password

i have 83 domains to be transferred, fe of them i got successfully transferred, but for few of the domains i am getting following error:

Attempting to login as <username> to <domain> via ftp
    (internal error) Thu Aug 18 23:30:35 2005 [8822] error: Can't call method "login" on an undefined value at /scripts/getremotecpmove line 49, line 1.
    at /scripts/getremotecpmove line 49
    Error while copying account...! Aborting Extraction

can anyone help me out its very urgent, as my previocu account is up for only 6 hrs from now.

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

May be a dumb reply for you. But can you have a try to ftp to the remote server with the same username and password you used in the account transfer. I doubt there is an issue with the remote login.

#2 aby, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  3. hosttrue

hosttrue Member

i have tried login to ftp with same username and password, and i am bale to login.

4. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    if ( $ftp->login($user,$pass) ) {

this is line 49 at the script.

try reset ur password for the domain to something simple containing letter and digits only.

5. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Probably the safest thing for you to do is to do a cpanel full backup and download it. Then you have a full backup which can be installed on your new server easily (see elsewhere for directions, there are a few around if you search).

If the password was correct (and you can't use the reseller password, it has to be a user password) check for any HTTP redirects, and that the account hasn't hit disk space limits. Those have been what has stopped me copying accounts in the past.