The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patrickperes, Apr 26, 2011.

1. patrickperes

patrickperes Registered

Hi,
    I move the account 3 days a go and all steps is ok, but now i need re move the same account and i receive the error msg

Account Creation Status: failed (Sorry, a mysql user with the name eclick already exists.)

I terminate the old account
    i kill the all users in mysql
    i tick allow overide

tks for the help

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Try to restore the account manually. First, grab a copy of the existing account:

Code:
    /scripts/pkgacct username
    Please replace username with the cPanel username. After getting a copy of the account on the old machine, scp the account to the new machine:

Code:
    scp -pr /home/cpmove-username.tar.gz newserverIP:/home
    Above please replace username with the cPanel username and newserverIP with the IP address for the new machine. After you've gotten a copy of the cpmove file onto the new machine, then do the following to force a restore of that account:

Code:
    /scripts/restorepkg --force username
    Again, above you would replace username with the cPanel username.

If this does not work, please submit a ticket to WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature so we can see what is causing this message to generate. It might be data still existing in /var/cpanel/databases directory for the previously terminated user.