The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Accounts between Partitions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Belenus, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Belenus

Belenus Registered

Jan 10, 2004
    I am troubleshooting a webserver with Cpanel running on it. Everything was working properly until a second hard drive was mounted in the system in /home/defusr1. In WHM the accounts directory is listed as home. Now when a new account is created on the system it is defaulting to /home/defusr1 instead of /home.

I am trying to move these accounts back out to the home directory. If I try using WHM to move the accounts the message "Sorry, there is only one drive in this machine." is listed where normally the other partition or drive is listed. Only the accounts created since the drive was mounted are getting this error message.

How can I move these accounts to the main drive without reformatting or repartitioning the second drive? Also, how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

I read that anything with home in the path will become a valid installation partition/drive. Unfortunately this drive was mounted by the owner inside the home directory. Is there any other way besides remounting or keeping the second drive fuller than the primary to change the default installation location?

WHM 8.5.4
    cPanel 8.5.5-R60
    RedHat 9