The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Accounts.. cant change quotas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by absolutenetwork, May 24, 2007.

1. absolutenetwork

absolutenetwork Active Member

Im moving to another server some of my reseller accounts..

For some reazon at my reseller most of my accounts changed the setup and appear as Unlimited Disk Quota.. and 0 disk usage even if the account have 50mb or more.. it shows as 0mb used.... so if i transfer the account to the new server.. it keeps showing the same 0 disk usage, unlimited disk quota... now.. if i try to change the Quota to ej: 500mb.. appears to change it ok.. but if i go to List Accounts and check the account.. it is still with Unlimited Quota... same as if i go to Cpanel..

Any Ideas??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. WhmSonic

WhmSonic Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Yes sometimes this happend after the server transfer use below command in the ssh root:

Code:
    /scripts/fixquotas
    This will take sometime to finish, get a coffe :) but will fix your quota problem.

3. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Yes make sure the drive partition has quotas enabled. You may need to run the fixquotas script which often resolves this.

4. absolutenetwork

oks i just did that and im getting this:

Code:
    Resetting quota for XXXXXX to 50 M
    edquota: Cannot set quota for user 30010 from kernel on /dev/vzfs: No such Procedure
    edquota: Can't write quota for 30010 on /dev/vzfs: No such procedure

and it keeps doing that with all the other accounts. hummm..

now the problem was at the reseller ( is the one that had the 0 used, unlimited ) and when i tranfered the accounts it kind of got the same setting.. do u think that is something that my Reseller account admin should do? before i start moving..

:confused:

5. WhmSonic

This is like a file system problem on the HDD, I suggest contact your datacenter and tell them error result. Because your system cant write to your hdd system /dev/vzfs make sure before transfer all the website's you may missing website data files too check them.

6. absolutenetwork

Strange i just created a new account ( test account ) and i set it up to use a Pre Package of 100MB and it creates it ok.. but still shows Unlimited Quota... and if i check the package to see if is setup to unlimited i see that is 100 mb ( so is ok. ) ..

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

7. WhmSonic

Try this ( After the complete all transfers. If you are running whm transfer now this maybe cause try after complete all transfers )

Code:
    /scripts/fixeverything
    let me know results.

8. absolutenetwork

Same errors...

[​IMG]

:confused: :confused: :confused:

9. WhmSonic

Hello,
    You have HDD problem on this server i believe, and this little problem will be cause big problems in the future, maybe its file system error. You need to contact your datacenter if you look your first picture its says not mounted already, or bad option. This mean something missed or HDD was mounted wrong. Im not sure investigation need.

The best way for you show this first picture to your datacenter administrator, they will check your hdd and filesystem. Also I suggest do not terminate your old server maybe your datacenter will change your new server hdd and re-format possible.

#9 WhmSonic, May 24, 2007
    Last edited: May 24, 2007